Revision as of 17:05, 10 November 2012 by Derek Bliss (Added topics for combat and added outline for steps of combat section)
Steps of Combat
- All characters involved in combat roll initiative.
- Perform surprise round if applicable starting with character with highest initiative.
- Begin combat round starting with the turn for the character with the highest initiative.
Turns follow these steps:
- Start of turn event are resolved (normally ongoing damage or extra saving throws are resolve at this step).
- Character performs actions if able and those actions are resolved. See actions. Other characters may perform actions based on the actions chosen. See threatened squares.
- End of turn events are resolved (certain bonuses from abilities may end). Saving throws are performed for each condition if applicable.
- Continue the combat round for the next character in the initiative order. Repeat this step until all able characters have completed a turn.
- Repeat combat rounds until a victor is determined (usually once all opposition is dead).